Carpet cleaning methods are not all the same. In fact, there are many different ways to clean various types of carpets. What many people don't understand is that not all carpet fibers are the same, so certain types of carpets will require a different cleaning method. Certain cleaners can also be harmful to some carpet fibers, while they work wonders with other types. It is important to complete a preliminary investigation before any carpet cleaning company walks into a home and cleans the carpet in whatever method they want, regardless of what is best for the carpet.
Having a carpet professionally cleaned is by far the best way to clean it. However, if the cleaning method used is detrimental to the life of the carpet, it is basically useless. This type of mistake can cost you a lot of money and may even require you to replace your own carpet.
To stay informed, it's probably a good idea to learn about some of the different carpet cleaning methods and how they work. Here are a few different methods of carpet cleaning:
1. Washing a carpet: Generally, this seems to be the least effective method on any carpet. What happens during a carpet wash is that the formulated detergents are applied directly to the carpet and then professional carpet cleaners will use a machine that shakes the cleaner. They will then use a vacuum to remove the cleanser and make the carpet look very clean. The detergents used are formulated to make the carpet look shiny and smell good. However, it does little more than accumulated dirt on the bottom of the carpet. So if the main purpose of cleaning a house carpet is to make it look good, maybe for a special occasion where there are a lot of people walking around, so the carpet will have to be cleaned again anyway, the shampoo may be the correct choice. However, for health and wellness reasons, it is usually not the best option.
2. Carpet Steam cleaning Ballarat: Most people recommend the dry cleaning method over any other. It is certainly useful as there is little to no downtime as the carpet will not need to dry for an extended period of time as is necessary with other methods. Most of the time, the process is completed with special cleaning powder. It spreads all over the carpet and will automatically start to attract dirt. Once it has been on the carpet for a suitable period of time to absorb, it is vacuumed, leaving the carpet almost as new. Some carpet cleaning companies have modified this method with different cleansers, such as an oxygenated cleanser. This method works well too because although it can only wet the carpet briefly, the oxygenated bubbles help to pull the dirt out of the base of the carpet, allowing it to be cleaned more effectively.
3. Cleaning foam carpets: this method is also very useful. Basically, you take a bit of the shampoo method and then combine it with the dry cleaning method. A cleansing foam and a small amount of water are applied to the carpet. The cleaning foam is also designed to attract harmful dust and fibers, just as dust does in a dry cleaning method. It works its way through the carpet and then the foam, along with all the dirt and dust particles that it has accumulated, is removed from the carpet. This method works best with sturdier carpets due to the nature of foam and vacuum.
4. Steam Carpet Cleaning: Carpet Steam Cleaning Darrimut is probably one of the most popular cleaning methods and is also used frequently. However, it has its drawbacks because it uses a large amount of water. When water penetrates deep into the carpet pad, it can damage it so much that it may need to be replaced. However, if steam cleansing is done correctly and not too often, it can be effective. It is also known as "hot water extraction" and it basically works with a very powerful machine that puts hot water and a cleaning solution on the underside of the carpet. Then the machine will extract the cleanser with powerful suction. All of this will probably get the most dirt out of the carpet; however, it can damage it over time. It also means that the carpet will be wet for a while, so don't use this method as a quick fix, as it's not fast at all.
5. Hood Carpet Cleaning - This method is used primarily for commercial buildings due to the amount of carpet they have.
Sprouts occur when there are tufts in the carpet, which are longer than the rest. Don't throw them away because it will only damage the carpet more. They should be trimmed with scissors.
The proven way to deal with carpet beetles is with strong vacuum suction. Carpet beetles are very frustrating as they feed on wool, hides, hair, hides, grains, flour, and seeds. If the carpet is heavily infested, you should hire a professional cleaner.